Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Advocare 24 Day Challenge - Day 16

Day 16!!!! I feel like this is the home stretch! I weighed yesterday morning. I have lost 2.5 lbs. I am pretty sure I have lost some inches though. The boyfriend said (more than once) that he could tell I had lost. I'll take whatever I can get.

For whatever reason I felt like total poo yesterday. I was also completely exhausted. I think I have "Murph" to thank for that. Needless to say, a workout was not done. I stayed true to the challenge though.

I did make a new recipe! Turkey meatloaf. I wasn't sure how much I would like this, but it turned out REALLY good. I used this recipe from "The Motivated Mama."

Couple of notes:
1. I only used a 6 ounce can of tomato paste and it was plenty
2. I would add a little water to the paste/sauce on top when you mix it together. It's a bit thick.
3. I use salted versions of everything.

Along with the meatloaf, I made some roasted spaghetti squash. This is becoming a go to in my house. Fast, easy, and couldn't taste better!


Spaghetti Squash

1 spaghetti squash
olive oil
Kosher salt
Pepper

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil. Cut squash lengthwise and dig out seeds. Drizzle olive oil on flesh side of spaghetti squash (doesn't need a whole lot). Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place squash flesh side down on baking sheet and roast for 30-40 minutes. Once cool enough to handle, use a fork to scrape out the squash.

**You will know it's done when it's a bit darker and you can scrape all the way to the thin edge of the squash. I like roasting it in the oven much better than the microwave method. I think it's too watery in the microwave.

No comments:

Post a Comment