Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Advocare 24 Day Challenge - The End is Near

I really have enjoyed this challenge, but I will be honest ... the last week has been TOUGH. Trying to muddle through going to friends houses, hanging out at the lake, work lunch meetings ... I mean, Cheetos have NEVER looked so good. Don't get me wrong though, I loved a Cheeto before. I just wasn't willing to push a kid down on the ground for one until now.

Day 23 is finished and I will say, I can tell my clothes are fitting very differently. FINALLY. I haven't weighed in over a week and I'm saving that and measurements for tomorrow morning (which will be my first day off of the challenge). I sure hope it's good news!

I have found so many new, great recipes that I will continue to make. Eating & cooking clean is really simple. It's a great way to live. I just won't be so strict about EVERYTHING once off this challenge. I love being social and eating out with friends. That's what I have missed the most. I didn't trust myself to eat out much because there just aren't very many options in this little one horse town.

Here's some things I've had the last few days:

Zucchini Noodles ... AKA Zoodles. These may be my new favorite thing. They really are delicious. I found out the best way to prepare them and it really does make a difference! If you don't have a spiralizer, go get one! I use this Native Spring version from Amazon. They also have them at places like Bed, Bath & Beyond. If you don't have a spiralizer, you can use a potato peeler and make ribbons.

Zucchini Noodles
Serves 2

2-3 zucchinis (be sure not to get really fat zucchini or they don't fit)
1 Tbsp olive oil
Salt

Spiralize your noodles into a colander. Sprinkle generously with salt and toss around to coat. Let sit in the sink for about 30 minutes. This will leech the excess water out. Rinse noodles and dry out a bit. Cook in a pan with olive oil on about medium heat until done. Serve with pesto, spaghetti sauce or whatever you like!!!!

The other new recipe I tried was Baked Chicken Fajitas from Alexa Eats Clean. These couldn't be easier and I put them on gulten free, brown rice tortillas and made some homemade guacamole (recipe below) on top. One note about the chicken recipe: Drain the diced tomatoes (I used regular, not low sodium also) or it's a bit too watery.
Homemade Guacamole
(small batch)

2 avocados
1/2 (or more) fresh lemon juice
1/2 ripe tomato, diced
1/4 cup yellow onion, diced
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
Garlic powder, to taste
Pepper, to taste
Kosher salt, to taste

Enjoy!!!! I could eat this with a spoon ... and do sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment