Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Finding the Balance of the Better Me

After completing the Advocare Challenge I went somewhat wild. I had begun to feel so deprived towards the very end that when I was finished I ate everything I had missed out on for a month. So, I am a moron and basically starting back from scratch. Food is such an evil thing. I have always said that it's MUCH easier to exercise than to stay on a healthy diet.

I am back on the health wagon, but not living so strict as I was on the challenge. I can have some dairy and deli turkey ... things like that. Not to mention I can have some wine (just not everyday). I am challenging myself to not let every vacation, holiday, birthday celebration (not even my own) be an excuse to go nuts and eat like they're going to quit making food and not workout. I have a 2-day work trip that I will be leaving on today. I am going to pull every ounce of willpower I have and not let this trip be an excuse to eat poorly and be lazy. I am working out before I leave and will try and do something tomorrow. I will workout Thursday at home when I return.

Making the commitment to change my everyday eating ... for life ... is tough. It has to be done though. Otherwise I will never look and feel the way I want to. I want to be stronger, fitter, leaner and more efficient in my CrossFit workouts. I feel like my weight is dragging me down. I don't want to be a quitter. I am not trying to go to the CrossFit Games or anything, but there's no reason that I can't get to where I am finishing at the top, instead of the bottom, of the board. I struggle with endurance and cardio the most. I don't have that thing in my brain that makes me continue to push and not stop. I stop. I rest. I rest too much. I get uncomfortable mentally when I am uncomfortable physically. I vow to overcome this. To push myself. To make myself a more fit person. To find the balance of healthy living and having a good life. Deprivation does not have to be a part of that scenario, and overindulgence certainly isn't.

I. Can. Do. This. 

No comments:

Post a Comment